1. Donations are needed to help keep the server alive. If you will like to donate go to http://buy.animal-craft.net to see the donor ranks. If you have any questions about donating post on the forums.

The Towny Incident

Discussion in 'News and Announcments' started by winter4w, May 4, 2016.

1. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

So yesterday on towny some of you may be wondering what happened. Well let me explain, so yesterday some players came on and somehow figured out a way to bypass our bungee connection and direct join towny. By them doing this they could login the towny server with whatever username they want. They logged in as me and gave them self admin permissions and destroyed the server.

You may be wondering how this happened. Well towny was in a beta stage which means there might be some bugs. They found a bug and used it to attack the server. We have already addressed the issue and resolved it. No damage was done to any of the other servers this only happened with towny and should not happen again.

We were able to recover the spawn and seed but everyone is now back to square one. We had to reset the server due to some of the damage they did to our plugins. However when we do open it back up the server should be less buggy and more stable. For those of you who did like the area where there town was send me a message and I can see if I can teleport you there :)

Once again I apologise for what happened and we have already took action so this should not happen again. If you have any questions on what happened feel free to post below :)

ETA FOR TOWNY: Towny should be back up by tomorrow (5/5/2016)
    Panicking_Pinata likes this.
  2. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

Towny is now back up :D
    Panicking_Pinata likes this.