1. Donations are needed to help keep the server alive. If you will like to donate go to http://buy.animal-craft.net to see the donor ranks. If you have any questions about donating post on the forums.

Staff Revamp

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by looke39, Jan 24, 2014.

1. looke39

looke39 Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

So as all of you know there is two admins and winter ever around. My self, MrMerica and Winter share the trouble of working on the server enforcing rules, dealing with players, and fixing bugs and problems. Know when I say this I don't intend to put anyone down but MrMerican is more of winter right hand as far as development and I'm mostly the only admin ever on. As the Staff Trainer @winter4 I feel like I share a role in getting more staff so that we can have more then just three of us to work on the server. My idea is simple. Lets talk about the requirements first off. The age thing hinders a lot of people I know would make excellent admins we could possibly have a system to where if someone isn't old enough we can go back and decide if we wanna have like an interview or a question and answer thing with them to see if despite their age they know what they are doing. I feel as though it would be both beneficial to server and players having some more staff around but as well as to the staff its self. The strain that is on the three of us to keep up with what everyone needs is insane and it would also bring new ideas into the dev team. It's something to think about and we could talk about more to get down to details. If anyone has things they wanna add or comments please feel free to post them.
    SoullessSavager likes this.
  2. SoullessSavager

SoullessSavager Member Staff Member Moderator

this will actually make more sense because some people who might not be old enough could be very amazing admins(my opinion) anyone agree or..?
  3. Emzyj

Emzyj New Member

I really Like that idea nice work!:):):);););)
  4. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

The reason the age is there is because allot of young people are not that professional and are a bit childish. Now I do know there are people out there that have became more mature and tho people do have a chance. The staff picking I do is to know for sure that they will not cause harm to the server or any of the users. If someone thinks they are ready for staff they can post but if I dont think they are ready then I wont rank them up.
  5. SoullessSavager

SoullessSavager Member Staff Member Moderator

yea that can be true but that is also true for older people as well. so the age thing really isnt the best idea but the rest seems fair enough. But how about this, u cant be younger than 15 but the exception is like 13+ since thats when some people become mature, i know some people who really changed alot by that age and 15 is basically where that trait stays. think about it and dont let some bad things stop u :D thats why u choose specific young people and old people and not just any ^_^
  6. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

The age limit I normally will deny people who are under 15 they can still post a app but I have 15 or older so they sont waste there time posting one. I use to run a older server and I have figured out what age were the good staff and what age was the bad and since this was like about a few years ago I have learned that the lowest age I will pick will be 15. I do think 15 might be a bit to young but there are some people out there who don't troll around or have high pitch voices.
  7. TheBeefyMiner

TheBeefyMiner Member

8. TheBeefyMiner

TheBeefyMiner Member

it will easily help you manage the servers