1. Donations are needed to help keep the server alive. If you will like to donate go to http://buy.animal-craft.net to see the donor ranks. If you have any questions about donating post on the forums.

New users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eallen42102, Oct 14, 2013.

1. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

What is everyone's opinion on why a lot of new users don't stay on the server that long and how to fix this.
  2. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

What I think is that they find spawn a little confusing at first. There's not a lot of people on and or speaking. And it's just kinda not very welcoming at first.
  3. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

Any ideas on how to make animal town a little more welcoming?
  4. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

Please dont spam post.
  5. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

Sorry
    . Didn't mean to
  6. Strikeboba

Strikeboba New Member

Well, let's think about this for a minute. There are what, about 20-40 towns on the server with around 100-400 unique players that have joined towns? Sounds like a towny server dream come true am I right? The only problem is, none of the towns are active, there are never more than 5-8 players at a time which affects peoples desire to join. (People like playing on towny servers with lots of people) And for the new players that do join, the shop econ is unbalanced and since all the town mayors are inactive nobody can join a town. Also, the front lines of the wilderness have been stripped of most resources. Those are just my thoughts though..
    eallen42102 likes this.
  7. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

Makes many decent points. Mine that I agree most is the Shop. Most of the time the chests are full or empty not allowing buying/selling
  8. pokie3

pokie3 New Member

The chat being separated in every world makes things kind of lonely... if everyone is in skyblock and you want to play towny then you will be like all alone chat needs to be connected. Also the towny server is really that great in my opinion very little people play on it. The server needs to be advertised more for more people the server doesn't get very many people.
  9. DjDillyWilly

DjDillyWilly Member

The best way to fix this would be, be nice to the incomming players and invite them to your "base" depending on the server and it would really help expand the server!
  10. mramerica108

mramerica108 Member Staff Member Silver Youtube Co-Owner

We could reset the wilderness around the spawn each month
  11. looke39

looke39 Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

Honestly towny servers aren't easy to run. Same with factions people look for very nit picky things that they want in a server and will hunt for that. The fact that it costs so much as well to start a town also scares people away. There is really a lot to think about when it comes to getting a large population on a towny/factions server.
  12. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

Actually I think the price to make a town is to low. People should join a town, thus making the towns bigger, then making one of their own later on, because if everyone could just make a town as soon as they would join, you would get tons and tons of towns that have almost no purpose in their existence.
  13. mramerica108

mramerica108 Member Staff Member Silver Youtube Co-Owner

I think the prices of the towns should be moved up to 8k. I agree with eallen, that we dont want to have so many small towns taking up space. The nation price is fine, however.