1. Donations are needed to help keep the server alive. If you will like to donate go to http://buy.animal-craft.net to see the donor ranks. If you have any questions about donating post on the forums.

Global chat is comming

Discussion in 'News and Announcments' started by winter4w, May 29, 2014.

1. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

Well we have plans on a global chat. This chat will allow people to talk to each other even on a different server. There will be 2 types of chats. One will be the local server which will only allow people to talk within that server. The other chat will be a global chat where people can talk to each other even on a different server. The reason we are thinking about adding is to make it easier to talk in chat. We dont really have that many players on our server all the time and we think when new people join and go in the hub there is no one to talk to in the hub because no one is on it. Allot of people are on creative or factions and they don't know that so then they will leave. This will also help people figure out what server they are on. Please keep in mind that when this does come out it might be a bit buggy because we need to sync it all with the servers. Post below what you think about this idea :D
  2. Rocky702

Rocky702 Member Silver

I think it's a good idea.
    But I don't want people to talk in global chat the hole time because people might spam.
  3. winter4w

Thats why there is a local chat and a global chat. It is like a chat channel where you can leave it and just do local chat or join it and do global chat.
  4. 4453221

4453221 New Member

Make a command block when people join it needs to say "Welcome to Animal Town click on clock to get started" or something like that
  5. Rocky702

Rocky702 Member Silver

Winter I know about local chat but there will be people who only talk on global and it can get annoying. Even more so if there on a different server like creative and talking about plots when I might be on fractions talking about raids.
  6. looke39

looke39 Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

The issue will be addressed more so in the fact rules will be made for global chat and that if you still need a staff member there will be a channel. Global chat will fallow for sure the same rules that we have now on the server and that spam at all with not be accepted. As we are cracking down on the rules a bit im sure that spamming will go right to tempbans now vs a a mute then a tempban.
  7. winter4w

We already have a announcement in the hub.
    I am not really sure yet on how the configuring of the plugin will work
    Yes guys all mutes are now gone. If you are going to spam the server it will be a tempban around 1min-5min for your first offence

Ok guy so the global /msg works but we can't seem to get the global chat working properly at the moment. It is unsure if this will be added in our server for a while until we can sort this all out but we were able to get the global /msg working. This will make it easier to contact your friends on other servers to find out where they are.
  8. Rocky702

Rocky702 Member Silver

Okay thanks for clearing it up
  9. winter4w

We have disabled the chat plugin for new due to us getting a new one installed. The Global /msg won't work until we get the new plugin on.
  10. Rocky702

Rocky702 Member Silver

Okay how long will that be?
  11. winter4w

I dont know. On the Spigot forums I have been talking to a dev who has a plugin out that that is close to what I want. I gave him some features that will be cool to have and he said he will add them. This is for the global chat tho. The private chat will be up in a 1 or 2 days :)
  12. Rocky702

Rocky702 Member Silver

Okay thank you