1. Donations are needed to help keep the server alive. If you will like to donate go to http://buy.animal-craft.net to see the donor ranks. If you have any questions about donating post on the forums.

AnimalTown Crashing

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by videogmr101, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. videogmr101

videogmr101 New Member

Mc name: Videogmr101
    Screenshot or Videos : None due to the nature of the problem
    Explain about the bug: When I try to get on to the animal town server it crashes just started today.
    What server is the bug on: Animal Town

P.S If you need the report that it gives I can put it in a word document and post that as well. Wasn't 100% sure where to put this either or if it is something that you guys could fix.
  2. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

Yea can you please post the report :D
  3. videogmr101

videogmr101 New Member

Yeah here it is .

Attached Files:

4. winter4w

Seems like there is a issue with your Data file on the server. Does this only happen in Towny. Also after you made this post there was a bug in Towny where people crashed so go try to login again and if you still crash then your data file might be broken and you can rather wait until the full version of 1.7 comes out for servers or I can reset your file. If I reset it all that will be lost is your Inventory. Also can you tell me what you were last doing before this happened and were you making any of the 1.7 items?
  5. mramerica108

mramerica108 Member Staff Member Silver Youtube Co-Owner

He tried logging in this morning, and it kicked him as soon as he joined.
  6. winter4w

Then his data file is broke and I will need to remove it. This will only make him lose his inventory. Also when it kicks you do you get a error or does the game crash??
  7. videogmr101

videogmr101 New Member

Another window pops up as well as the report saying this
    "We're sorry, but it seems that the server sent invalid data in which could not be parsed by the client.
    If you were trying to connect to a server, please let the server owners know of this error.
    Technical description: java.lang.NullPointerException: Rendering entity"
  8. videogmr101

videogmr101 New Member

And now factions isn't working by the looks of it it's the same thing. :( This stinks.
  9. mramerica108

10. winter4w

Ok there are 2 things that we can do. We can remove your data file or you can wait until we fully upgrade the server and see what happens. Towny and Factions might take a while so sorry but were you crafting any of the new items when this happend??
  11. videogmr101

videogmr101 New Member

Sorry for the delay in response. I wasn't crafting any of the new items. In both cases I was going to attack a zombie and it happened. I would rather not wait any longer so if removing my data file is going to be the quickest solution then that will be ok. I won't lose anything overly important from my inventory so that will be fine.
  12. videogmr101

videogmr101 New Member

Just noticed that factions is working now.
    mramerica108 likes this.
  13. mramerica108

How is Towny?
  14. winter4w

Yep I updated it so now I got towny. Do you still want me to remove your dat file??

Towny will take some time I have been busy with some life stuff but Towny does take a while for them to update.
  15. videogmr101

videogmr101 New Member

Townie is still crashing for me if it is going to be faster to reset my file then go a head and do it.
  16. winter4w

The only issue with that is it will need to be reset mutiple times because the issue will still occure
  17. videogmr101

videogmr101 New Member

It's all working now
  18. winter4w

Yea we updated it
  19. winter4w

I guess I can lock this post since no one has this issue anymore.

Is that ok if I do @videogmr101 ????
  20. mramerica108

Great we got this all squared away!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.