1. Donations are needed to help keep the server alive. If you will like to donate go to http://buy.animal-craft.net to see the donor ranks. If you have any questions about donating post on the forums.

1.7 Reset

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussion' started by Strikeboba, Oct 14, 2013.

?

Should there be a 1.7 reset?

Poll closed Nov 11, 2013.
  1. Yes.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Mabye, but I'm still unsure.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strikeboba

Strikeboba New Member

As 1.7 will be coming out in a month or two, and for all of those that know about it you will know that it is an update that will effect terrain extremely and in chain, chunk borders/loading. Since if we were to update the server to 1.7 without resetting the map it would make ugly terrain borders and other bugs and problems, I want to hear from you all on the basis of if we should reset then or not.
  2. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

That issue is fixed. What will happen is the game will make the old terrain match with the newer one so it wont look like all the massive chunk error or cliffs of land.
  3. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

Even of it wouldn't have. I don't think there should be a reset unless something catastrophic had happened.
  4. DjDillyWilly

DjDillyWilly Member

I think there should be a map reset it would be fun to start over again since it has been a few months since the towny has been reset for instance!
  5. Strikeboba

Strikeboba New Member

I think it would do for a great player boost. It's already been a long time and there are countless towns with countless inactive players in them. A reset might be the best thing at this point.
  6. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

So delete those towns. A lot of users have spent a lot of time on towny and don't want their stuff gone. And the server isn't that old so if tere was a map wipe it should be after a year or a year and a half. But y'all have to remember all the buildings and items people who get on a lot have.
  7. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

I dont think there should be a reset. Towns do get removed if they cant be kept up. So the inactive people towns do die out and new ones can claim them or make another one :D
  8. keeponrockin404

keeponrockin404 Member

I say YES to the reset because it allows us all to make a fresh start. Rebuild and re-create what we had lost. It gives us all something to do, and that, we should be thankful. Without something to do, the server will slowly lose people because of how boring it is. For those who say otherwise, think back to what I said.. Would you really stop this from happening? Just to keep something that you built on a server that can be re-created again?
  9. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

It more about the time we've invested into making and building and collecting that we've done.
  10. baguy3000AR

baguy3000AR Member

I dont think you have but I have dont reset!!
  11. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

What is that supposed to mean?
  12. baguy3000AR

baguy3000AR Member

You kill people for things I mine it :)
  13. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

Dawg. Haw you seen my house? Just killing people wouldn't give me that stuff. All I'm trying to say here is that people like me black and gman have spent a lot of time making our base/town
  14. baguy3000AR

baguy3000AR Member

@G_man1771 likes me and he helps me out :)
  15. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

Ok? Good for you? That isn't really relevant to this posts topic.
  16. baguy3000AR

baguy3000AR Member

You said that he is helping so yea LOL
  17. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

No where here do I say that. Please stop going off topic. So I'm saying no reset. To much time has been invested.
  18. baguy3000AR

baguy3000AR Member

Same what I say
  19. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

So why did you argue me?
  20. baguy3000AR

baguy3000AR Member

I should ask u that :D:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.