1. Donations are needed to help keep the server alive. If you will like to donate go to http://buy.animal-craft.net to see the donor ranks. If you have any questions about donating post on the forums.

Should nights on Solar Survival be cold?

Discussion in 'News and Announcments' started by winter4w, Aug 12, 2015.

?

Would you like this to happen?

Poll closed Aug 19, 2015.
  1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No

12.5%
  1. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

So allot of people have been questioning me on how can I make solar survival harder. One way is making it so nights are freezing cold and to survive the night you will need to have a torch next to you to keep warm. You will also freeze underground at night without a torch. To keep warm underground you must wear full leather armor or have a torch or fire. On the surface the only way to survive is with a torch (leather armor won't protect you). The days and night will be longer than normal.

Vote Yes if you would like this to happen and No if you won't. (Poll closes in 7 days)

If you have any questions or suggestions post them below.
  2. Antineutron

Antineutron Member

Can you make gold armor stop sun damage or take armor damgae instead of hearts?
  3. winter4w

No sorry :( I can't. I can maybe see if people who have gold armor can get fire protection.
  4. Tod_Verratern

Tod_Verratern Member

Does stone melt due to the sheer heat? If not, try to add that. And if you end up adding the cooling function, make the lava source blocks turn into obsidian, while the rest of it turns into stone. Or make it hard to go below the surface by making all of it turn into obsidian.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  5. winter4w

Im not really sure if I can do the obsidian thing but it is possible to make stone into lava. Issue with that is the terrain will look funny because the lava will keep spreading and there will be more lag.
  6. Tod_Verratern

Tod_Verratern Member

Well, there is the solution to the difficulty problem. Expansive lava + lag. That should satisfy them lol.
  7. winter4w

Ok I now have it set so day and night are twice as long. So 20min of day 20 min of night.
  8. Antineutron

Antineutron Member

If you can make blocks turn into other blocks during day can you make sand turn to glass? I think it was in original mod. Also you could make dirt turn to gravel and clay to bricks?
  9. Tod_Verratern

Tod_Verratern Member

Clay to cooked clay.
  10. winter4w

Yep I do think I can change those. Why should dirt turn to gravel tho?

Hmm ok ill see if I can do that.
  11. Antineutron

Antineutron Member

because dirt is full of living things and when they die gravel is left that nothing can grow on.
  12. Tod_Verratern

Tod_Verratern Member

If anything, it would just become coarse dirt..
  13. Antineutron

Antineutron Member

things can still grow on coarse dirt, because of lack of "dead" dirt in minecraft I think gravel makes more sense