1. Donations are needed to help keep the server alive. If you will like to donate go to http://buy.animal-craft.net to see the donor ranks. If you have any questions about donating post on the forums.

Protest against the EULA

Discussion in 'News and Announcments' started by winter4w, Jun 14, 2014.

1. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

Well most of you know that mojang has added to their EULA on how we should be running our servers. They state that we should not be giving perks to people when they donate. By doing this will cause most if not all servers that are runned by there community support will die. We are joining the protest on spigot to help fight this and allow our server to have the freedom. The time this will start is Sunday June 15th, 5PM EST. On that time the server will be whitelisted for 2 hours. This whitelist will display this message

MojangAB has recently begun to change their EULA to conflict with how the server community runs, making it impossible to put out store items / donation ranks, making it where we won't be able to pay our server bills, because of this we will be white-listing for two hours in protest to this conflicted change, help us voice our opinion to MojangAB tweet @MojangSupport

We will be happy if you have a server and join the protest also. Info on the protest is listed on the spigot site:
    http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/blackout-friendly-protest-mojangs-terms.20456/

If you will like to read the the new EULA it will be on this site:
    https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

Dont worry about us shutting down. We do have plans on running for a long time. If this still occurs after the protest and someone from the mojang staff contacts us there are a few loopholes to go around it. There are allot of other servers joining this protest also allot are bigger than us. So if one of your servers that you play on are displaying the message they are also in this protest :)

Comment on what you think about this new EULA and about the protest.

If you still don't understand what's up with the server then read this.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  2. Rocky702

Rocky702 Member Silver

I want to say goodbye to all of you just incase and this server and it's people are awesome.
  3. winter4w

No reasons to say goodbye we will stay up if this does occur. We have a way to bypass this by making people donate for donor tokens and then they can use the tokens for perks. We will keep our way tho until someone contacts us about what we are doing.
  4. Rocky702

Rocky702 Member Silver

5. 4453221

4453221 New Member

:( i will not be......... V.I.P i got it for my sis berthday and .... WAAAAAAAAAAAA:( and i love this server........Goodbye V.I.P i will miss u a lot and it was one of the best times having it and i would go on the server everyday to have fun and do the stuff that i cant do today and it is just sad to see it go and the server will be change for ever i at least wana see the main hub be built and if i can help thx and have a nice day .... :(
  6. winter4w

You will still have VIP. I think everyone is getting confused about this so let me just explain it as simple as I can. Even if the new EULA comes out we are still going to keep or donor stuff the same as I am sure other servers will do the same and ignore the EULA. When someone from mojang contacts us about this we will then look into changing the donations into tokens. So to answer everyones questions who I keep getting asked no the server won't end or shut down and nobody will lose their donor rank and there perks. The EULA is what might be coming up and is not yet official set up by mojang. So no one worry about what will happen to the server because we will still be up and running!
  7. 4453221

4453221 New Member

ok and winter DO THE LIVE STREAM!
  8. op101no5

op101no5 New Member Youtube

Just posted this on my forum. Whats the point? half of the minecraft severs are run of donations.
  9. mramerica108

mramerica108 Member Staff Member Silver Youtube Co-Owner

I'm hoping this does not happen, going to ruin some great server! VIVA LA REVOLUTION