1. Donations are needed to help keep the server alive. If you will like to donate go to http://buy.animal-craft.net to see the donor ranks. If you have any questions about donating post on the forums.

Other invisable entities

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by zozer_firehood, Oct 19, 2015.

1. zozer_firehood

zozer_firehood Builder Staff Member Developer Builder

Mc name: zozer_firehood
    Screenshot or Videos:
    http://pasteboard.co/1v56SjUo.png
    http://pasteboard.co/1v5a96e7.png
    (this happens to other entities too not just item frames, but this is prob the best i can do..)
    Explain about the bug: randomly entities will turn invisible and be non intractable, i found a temporary solution where if the chunk is unloaded and reloaded, the entities reappear, but can you see if there is a permanent fix?
    What server is the bug on: solar survival
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  2. Rocky702

Rocky702 Member Silver

This has happened to me as well, I think it is a Bug on solar survial.
  3. Kerochii64

Kerochii64 Admin, Veteran Player Staff Member Admin Steel

Well it is reported in bugs lol. How long has this bug been existant for you? I recognise that some parts of Solar Survival aren't fully operational/broken.
  4. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

Yea I am aware of this bug and have been trying to tackle it. I would like to ask some questions before I narrow down to a fix. Do you have any mods installed on your client? How long is it until the the entities return? What method did you use to reload the chunks?

From what my understanding about this bug is when the server sets the chunk to be a wasteland it for some reason sets it so entities go invisible. I did try to contact the dev of this plugin but I am still to wait for his response. What I might do is slow the the servers wasteland progress so the chunks won't update as much.
  5. zozer_firehood

sorry, didn't realize you wrote back.
    I only have Optifine downloaded, it take anywhere between 1-10 minutes for the entities to disappear, and they come back maybe after 10 min(or more) (though item frames will stay disappeared). What i do is go to a different home, and then warp back and the entities are back. but then they will disappear again after a bit
  6. looke39

looke39 Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

This is a optifine thing, happens to me when people place blocks around me, they are there but just don't show up till a block update is applied, the best of way of doing this is placing down a block or torch for example. everything shows up again. If you are using a shade pack with optifine check to see if your system can handle it as well as that it works for the current build of the game/optifinem
  7. zozer_firehood

I never had a problem with optifine previous to this server, but i will give it a shot when the server gets back up
  8. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

Back up. Sorry was working on something so it was down for a short period. Yea try what @looke39 said and see what happens :).
  9. Rocky702

Rocky702 Member Silver

Were you working on something with the server?