1. Donations are needed to help keep the server alive. If you will like to donate go to http://buy.animal-craft.net to see the donor ranks. If you have any questions about donating post on the forums.

Activeness

Discussion in 'Questions & Support' started by eallen42102, Oct 14, 2013.

1. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

Ladies and gentlemen, why is it that nobody seems to err be on the forums? What are yor ideas on getting more people on? Mine are when you start on te sever you are a default rank then you have to register on the forums to get user so you can use the commands.
  2. winter4w

winter4w Owner Staff Member Owner

I do think people need to be more active but people do have life's like me. What we need is to get traffic and spread the word.
    eallen42102 likes this.
  3. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

I don't mean like be on the server 24/7. I mean like having more traffic by new users and Having more people join and participate in the forums.
  4. winter4w

O ok sorry
  5. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

So my idea is just a suggestion on how to get more users to join the forums. Because animaltown certainly does get at least on average 5 new users a day.
  6. winter4w

It seems that Factions and SkyBlock have gotten most of the players to go on them. :O
  7. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

Well ten use that for them. You only get certain permissions In the beginning before you register then after you register you can create a faction or access /shop in skyblock
  8. winter4w

People will not like that and will leave because they will want to start right away and not need to fill something out.
  9. eallen42102

eallen42102 Member

I know. It's kinda the upside and downside.
  10. Strikeboba

Strikeboba New Member

I agree with Winter, people want to be able to join and play. Not have to register first. We can't make players do that because A.We're not popular enough to make people want to join that badly and B.There are about 5,000 other towny servers out there.
  11. looke39

looke39 Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

Here is the thing that you have to understand with servers. People will look for the most highly advertised servers and/or a server that meets their needs. Now then with this being a network of servers and I personally having played on a very large network its hard to compete with the networks that have 30,000+ players on at once. I would have to say though I rather have a small server and a good community then a large server and a bad community. As far as forcing them to register. That is more for cracked servers and that is a whole different ball game. You have to remember that we are dealing with other people and you cant truly force them to do something that they are not willing to do. If you try and force them to register first the will just find another server. Ask Strike said there is a ton of other servers out there. It would just take going to planet minecraft and looking for a towny server to pull up like 6,000 other towny servers and who knows how many are listed in other places or not even listed at all.
  12. DjDillyWilly

DjDillyWilly Member

I feel like if people HAVE to register then they would be more apt to just quit right away, where as if they enjoy the server they will eventually notice a broadcast to join the forums!
  13. Joshdaninja

Joshdaninja Member Silver

Usually people don't like to have to register to a forum right away just to play...
  14. DarkDestroyer228

DarkDestroyer228 Member Steel

15. mramerica108

mramerica108 Member Staff Member Silver Youtube Co-Owner

We could have some sort of reward to sign up on the forums. Like for example, a kit or in game money. Something that does not make them do anything but also gives them a reward if willing. Then there will be more traffic through here